It is always great to have resources and have the ability to recommend places where students can look for exciting learning opportunities! Here is a list of 60 Youtube Channels worth subscribing to!
One not on the list that I love is StoryCorps, here is the description of the video I have chosen to share: “On January 28, 1986, NASA Challenger mission STS-51-L ended in tragedy when the shuttle exploded 73 seconds after takeoff. On board was physicist Ronald E. McNair, who was the second African American to enter space. But first, he was a kid with big dreams in Lake City, South Carolina.”
View story at Medium.com
Videos relating to teaching by the Smithsonian.
Dependent clause that starts with an AAAWWUBBIS word + comma + simple sentence= complex sentence
- As the day ended, the family was gathered around the dinner table.
- Although I tried to hurry, I didn’t make it to class before the bell.
Each sentence has a dependent clause + simple sentence
“Public education is a foundation of democracy so an attack on education is an attack on democracy.”
Link to video: http://billmoyers.com/episode/public-schools-for-sale/
- There are more than 6,000 charter schools
- Publicly funded, privately run
- K-12 pulls in more than 5 billion dollars in taxes a year
- Private buying in public education made many change their minds about charter schools
- Minimum 500 billion a year in the market when it comes to education many see education as an industry (textbook publishers…)
- For profit charter schools exist
- Race to the Top made states have to open up to charter schools
- Charter funds are mostly politically motivated
- Public sector pensions are important
- Attempts to make charter districts with zero public schools: making public schools dumping grounds
- Parents feel public schools have disappointed yet contrary to myth public schools are not failing it is poverty which plagues public schools
- Community makes the public school
- We should not send children into the hands of entrepreneurs
- Charter schools were meant to collaborate and help dropouts but instead they are competitors
- Charter schools don’t take disability, English language learners, or behavioral problem children, they have ways to weed them out
- Virtual charters exist, lack a physical school: K12 online
- K12 is listed on New York Stock Exchange
- Charter schools are private corporations not public schools
- In many states charter schools do not hire certified teachers
- Charter schools should seek out low level students not high level as their intended purpose
- Entrepreneurs know nothing about education, the highest performing nations do not have charter schools
- Aim for equity and you will get excellence
- ALEC is interested in eliminating public education, due process for teachers, teachers to be judged by test scores….
- ALEC wants free flowing money in the economy even avoiding auditing of charter schools
- Democratic party lacks the ability to say no to charter school influence/pressure
- Billionaires pick on teachers having never been to public school and having never sent their own children to public school
- Parent groups are attempting to fight charter schools, they are not willing to sell their children to corporations
- Charter and voucher schools do not out perform public schools
- Has caused man teachers to leave the profession because evaluation based on testing: specifically disabled kids and gifted because improvements are not enough
- Hopefully democracy will win out over big money